The 1794-OB16 is a digital output module that is part of the Allen-Bradley Flex I/O system. This module provides sixteen outputs that can be used to control various devices, such as valves, contactors, and solenoids. Understanding the wiring diagram of this module is crucial for proper installation and functionality.
The 1794-OB16 module is designed to work with a wide range of voltage levels, including 24V DC, 120V AC, and 240V AC. Each output channel is capable of sinking up to 2A of current. The module is compact and easy to install, and it can be mounted on a DIN rail or on a panel using screws.
Before installing the module, it is important to check the compatibility with the PLC system and the devices that will be controlled. The wiring diagram provides detailed information about the connections required for the module to work properly.
Below is a sample wiring diagram for the 1794-OB16 module:
|Terminal Number||Wire Color||Description|
The wiring diagram shows that the module has one common terminal (terminal 1), which is used as the negative or ground connection for all the output channels. The output channels are numbered from 2 to 17 and are represented by blue wires.
The wiring diagram provides the following guidelines for connecting the module:
- Connect the common terminal (terminal 1) to the negative or ground connection of the power supply or the PLC system.
- Connect each output channel (terminals 2-17) to the device that will be controlled. Use appropriate wire gauges based on the voltage and current requirements of the devices.
- For safety reasons, use a fuse or a circuit breaker to protect the wiring and devices from overload.
- Can the 1794-OB16 module be used with different voltage levels?
- Can the output channels be used to control different types of devices?
- How many output channels does the module have?
- How much current can each output channel sink?
- What is the common terminal used for?
Yes, the module is designed to work with a wide range of voltage levels, including 24V DC, 120V AC, and 240V AC.
Yes, the output channels can be used to control various devices, such as valves, contactors, and solenoids.
The module has sixteen output channels.
Each output channel is capable of sinking up to 2A of current.
The common terminal (terminal 1) is used as the negative or ground connection for all the output channels.
The 1794-OB16 module is a versatile and reliable digital output module that can be used in a wide range of applications. Understanding the wiring diagram is essential for proper installation and functionality. By following the guidelines provided in this article, you can ensure that the module is wired correctly and that it works as expected.